Table of Contents
When nature becomes a winter wonder, it is time to enjoy it! Snowing doesn’t mean that you have to get locked up in your house and wait for spring. In fact, there are many activities you can indulge in, such as snowshoeing!
Snowshoeing is super fun and easy and keeps you on top by distributing your weight all over the deck; this is also known as flotation. However, in order to enjoy this activity, you need to get the right kind of snowshoes to use, and using this guide below, you can find the best snowshoes for you.
Best Snowshoes of 2023
If you are looking for the best snowshoes in the market, we have you covered. We have compiled a list of the top snowshoes with their reviews and standout features to help you find the best snowshoes for yourself!
TSL Outdoor Symbioz Hyperflex Elite Snowshoes
These snowshoes symbolize flexibility and a lightweight nature due to the Hyperflex technology, which allows you to get 100% natural movement of your foot. Meanwhile, the crampons range provides a good foot grip on all kinds of snow.
The hyperflex stores the energy during the bending phase in order to release it once the stride ends. This helps in increasing power. Moreover, the memory lock system only requires the set-up once and securely and quickly attaches the snowshoe to your feet. The front of the binding then memorizes the toe box size of your shoe and makes sure that you don’t have to adjust it whenever you use it.
Furthermore, this snowshoe provides excellent traction in all conditions and has a vertical blade and bidirectional crampons under the feet to give you excellent traction when going uphill. It also ensures excellent grip when snowshoeing downhill, along with great drift control.
- Type: Recreational
- Available lengths: 23.5 x 8.”
- Bindings: Memory lock binding
- Weight: 110-260 lbs
- Best Features: memory lock system binding saves you time
- Tightening BOA Fit System fine and precise
- Adjustment Storage: Lateral Adjust; Storage of Lock Adjustment
- Carbon reinforcements
- Fabric comfort pad
- Storage and closure of ankle with rack
Yukon’s Charlie’s FLEX SPIN Snowshoes 928
The Yukon Charlie’s are another excellent pair of snowshoes. They come with carbon flex spin that makes use of the latest overmolding technology and a stylish design that makes the shoes incredibly lightweight.
Moreover, these shoes provide users with maximum flotation. The Spike ice traction cleats grip the snow and let you snowshoe easily. Meanwhile, the north wave spin dial binding system ties your boots in place. These snowshoes also come with front crampons that are fully rotated, making them worth your money.
The construction of these snowshoes is durable with an over-molded flap frame and aggressive mountain Claw crampon system. These features make these shoes withstand rigorous outdoor conditions easily. They also come with a heel lift feature that alleviates the strain on the calf and reduces fatigue when snowshoeing on steep inclines. If you are in a hurry, then the swift strap heel feature helps you put on the snowshoe and take it off with a quick flick.
- Type: Recreational
- Available lengths: 9 x 28
- Bindings: Dial Binding System
- Weight: Up to 300lbs
- Best Features: Crampons that can be fully rotated
- Weighing 3.4 pounds, the 8x21-inch frame is built for users from 100 to 150 pounds. Unisex design for women and men
- This versatile series is designed to perform under harsh conditions for demanding snowshoe enthusiasts
- With technical features and user-friendly characteristics, this snowshoe is also a great trail shoe for those who want the ability and confidence to expand their snowshoe experience …
MSR Lightning Ascent Backcountry & Mountaineering Snowshoes
This MSR lightning snowshoe is the most technical and lightest snowshoe on the market. These shoes are designed to have superior traction, making them ideal for backcountry adventures. They ensure that you have stability and security when walking on rugged terrain.
Minimalistic paragon bindings of these shoes come with a contouring one-piece mesh strap that wraps around your boots securely and gives a glove-like feel. Furthermore, this strap eliminates the pressure points and promotes foot control and alignment.
The variable-thickness and ultra-durable TPU mesh conforms to different boot sizes and maintains flexibility and strength in the harsh weather; these bindings are maintainable according to the field you are in. MSR snowshoes also have a 360-degree frame for traction, which gives you an edge-to-edge grip, whereas the crampons provide you with a good grip on slopes and traverses.
- Type: Backcountry
- Available lengths: 25 Inch
- Bindings: Paragon bindings
- Weight: 220 Pounds
- Best Features: Ergo Televator heel lift bar
- Ultralight (4.18 lbs) technical snowshoes with superior traction for mountaineering, aggressive backcountry pursuits, and rugged terrain
- 360-degree Traction Frames deliver edge-to-edge grip, especially on traverses, while durable steel DTX crampons provide serious bite on alpine steeps
- Paragon bindings feature a one-piece contouring strap that wraps securely around boots, for a glove-like feel that eliminates rigid pressure points, and provides easy alignment and foot control …
Yukon Charlie’s Elite Spin Snowshoe
The Yukon Charlie’s snowshoes are incredibly robust with a good frame, are heel risers, and have aggressive traction on them with bindings to keep them put. These features are usually present in higher-end snowshoes, but Yukon provides them to you at a lower price.
These snowshoes also have a good aluminum frame and are easy to use. The best part is that they come with Northwave Spin bindings and are top-notch. You simply have to spin the dial in order to tighten its bindings.
Removing these snowshoes is also very easy; you simply have to pull the toggle on the top, which will instantly open the dial and free your toes. Then you can loosen your heel strap easily. This feature reduces the fussing with putting the snowshoes on and taking them off. Also, with the spin dials, you can make micro-adjustments and enjoy the perfect shoe fit.
- Type: Backcountry
- Available lengths: 8″ x 21″
- Bindings: Spin Dial
- Weight: 150 pounds
- Best Features: Frame that allows you to float on snow
- Weighing 3.8 pounds, the 8x21-inch frame is built for users from 100 to 150 pounds. Unisex design for women and men
- SPIN by Northwave Dial binding system with integrated toe hold provides precision tension to fit to any shoe
- Free Flex axle system allows user to comfortably grip and glide across any type of powder. It's a lightweight solution to a comfortable snowshoe …
Sawtooth Snowshoes For Men and Women
The Sawtooth snowshoes are created from a lightweight frame made from aluminum and provide you with a gentle experience. They come with a sleek and reliable design that you can enjoy for your snowshoe adventure, while the three different colors allow you to find the one you like the most.
Furthermore, these snowshoes have two different models, 21″ and 27″, and both of them allow for optimal floatation performance for any size of person. The snowshoes have ratchet binding, heavy-duty spring clips, and a heel strapping locking system.
In addition, the Sawtooth snowshoes have good boot grip, an excess heel clip for strapping, and slip-resistant textured pads. All of these work together to keep your hold in place and prevent you from sliding around when you go snowshoeing in the winter.
- Type: Running
- Available lengths: 21″ or 27″
- Bindings: Ratchet bindings
- Weight: 80-160 lbs
- Best Features: Heavy-duty crampons for traction on a hard surface
- NEW AND IMPROVED - You spoke, we listened. Based on feedback from our 2018 model, we made adjustments to our Sawtooth Snowshoes; We reinforced the ratchet binding with heavy duty spring-loaded clips and added a new heal strap with an auto-locking system
- LIGHT WEIGHT MATERIALS - This snowshoe model is designed with a durable, aluminum frame that allows for optimal snow flotation performance in deep powder;Sawtooths are constructed with high-grade, weather tested materials because we know how important it is to hPACK GRIP TEETH - Snowshoeing requires traction; Each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy duty crampons that ensure traction on icy, hard surfaces; The pressure from your feet let the crampon act as an extreme ice pick for your boots …
Odoland 4-in-1 Snowshoes Snow Shoes for Men and Women with Trekking Poles, Carrying Tote Bag, and Waterproof Snow Leg Gaiters
These are excellent snowshoes for men and women made from a lightweight material and have premium-quality construction. This ensures that you get guaranteed ease of use and comes equipped with a handy bag as well.
Odoland’s snowshoes are ideal for all your snowshoeing and outdoor adventures. Furthermore, they are easy to put on and very lightweight. They are constructed from a strong aluminum frame and have an ergonomic design, which ensures an easy and comfortable walk.
Moreover, these snowshoes have a hard grip sawtooth, which ensures strong traction on the hard and icy surface. It also comes with a large and flat surface area of the aluminum frame and gives you the best flotation.
These snowshoes do not come alone; instead, the package includes leg gaiters, trekking poles, and a carrying bag. The gaiters that come with this set are waterproof in nature made with pongee fabric, which makes them not only resistant to water but also to tear and puncture.
The shoes also come with adjustable trekking poles, and you can change their height from 25.5 to 54 inches easily. Changing their height is another easy function you can enjoy even if you are wearing gloves.
- Type: Recreational, running
- Available lengths: 21″, 25″ and 30″
- Bindings: Strap binding
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Best Features: comes with trekking poles and gaiters
- ⛄🎁The Ultimate Snowshoes For Women and Men: Odoland snowshoes made of lightweight high quality materials to guarantee ease of use and equipped with handy bag, this set is ideal for your snow shoes with poles adventures and outdoor activities. 21'' for 80-120lbs / 28-54kg, 25'' for 120-160lbs / 54-72kg, 30'' for 160-250lbs / 72-114kg …
Atlas Men’s APEX-MTN Snowshoe
Atlas APEX snowshoe is an extraordinary pair of shoes and is ideal for backcountry adventures. These snowshoes come with innovative construction integrated with Reactive-Trac™, which provides them with the traction of a serrated t-frame. They also have SLS (spring-loaded suspension) straps that allow the crampon, frame, and binding to conform with the feet and walk on the terrain easily.
Atlas patented the SLS and keeps your snowshoes close for easy maneuvering, and allows you to suspend your feet so that they can move easily. The shoes come with intended articulation, and the suspension has the ability to absorb impacts so that your feet can move comfortably from side to side.
Furthermore, these snowshoes come with infinity decking inside the frame and below the deck and have a unique construction. This helps in eliminating frame wrap through a seamless and sleek design.
Moreover, the Packflat binding on these snowshoes is designed especially for backcountry climbing and snowboarding. It comes with urethane straps that are quick-lashing and are fully replaceable with a BC utility strap. These snowshoes can accommodate bigger boats easily and can be carried along with you as well.
- Type: Backcountry
- Available lengths: 22 inches and 27 inches
- Bindings: Pack flat binding
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Best Features: Spring-loaded suspension
- BOA Fit System -Provides a secure fit each and every time, the turn of a dial delivers precision when the terrain gets technical
- Reactiv-Trac Frame - Integrates the classic flex of an elliptically-formed nose with the perimeter traction of a serrated t-frame
- Spring-Loaded Suspension - Keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation …
GV Modified Bear Paw Snowshoes
This Bear Paw model is one of the most well-known snowshoe shapes present in the market. It is highly useful for recreational activities such as long-distance hiking, hunting, and trapping. The ideal length and width makes it very efficient and promises silent movements in different terrains.
The snowshoes by GV ensure excellent flotation when the snow is deep and has great versatility. It has a frame constructed by Appalachian White Ash and webbing made from rawhide. Even though you have to purchase the bindings separately, this provides you with the option to choose the kind of binding you like.
Furthermore, this snowshoe has a premium-quality varnish that keeps the frame in good condition, and the synthetic laces on this also give you a good fitting. It is a great snowshoe to buy, and it’s very durable for long-lasting usage on rugged terrain.
- Type: Recreational
- Available lengths: 30″, 36″ and 40″
- Bindings: sold separately
- Weight: 200lb
- Best Features: Varnish that keeps the frame in excellent condition
DGSD Light Weight Snowshoes
DGSD is a lightweight and well-constructed snowshoe that makes snow adventures memorable. It has a rugged aluminum frame and can work on difficult terrains without any issue.
These snowshoes also come with an ergonomic design, which ensures you are kept comfortable and at ease. Furthermore, the decking on these shoes is made with UV-resistant polyethylene, which doesn’t let them get ruined by the sun.
Dual ratchet bindings on this snowshoe are easy to use, whereas the heel straps come with quick attaching and releasing buckles. This saves you time when you are wearing them and lets you continue on your adventures right away.
The crampons on these snowshoes are heavy-duty aluminum and allow you to rotate freely by biting in the snow. Heel crampons provide you with the traction needed when going down on mild steep slopes. The best part about these snowshoes is that they come with side handles, backpack straps, Velcro pole carriers, and mesh ventilation, making this a complete package.
- Type: Recreational
- Available lengths: –
- Bindings: Adjustable ratchet bindings
- Weight: 240 lbs
- Best Features: Excellent durability
Best Snowshoes for Kids: Yukon Charlie’s Sno-Bash Kids Snowshoe
With these snowshoes, your kids are going to have a bash in the snow, as the name suggests. These shoes come with a funky and colorful design that the kids are bound to enjoy and have features that make parents love them too.
Yukon’s snowshoes for kids come with a RIPCORD easy binding system that makes your job as parents easier. Simply use one easy-pull, put these shoes on your kids, and have a fun adventure. You no longer have to go down on your knees to tighten the binding.
Furthermore, this snowshoe comes with coated steel crampons along with an ENERGY FLEX axle, which allows your kids to walk in the snow easily. This feature provides them with the right amount of traction they need.
- Type: recreational
- Available lengths: KIds 11 to Adults 6
- Bindings: RIPCORD easy-pull binding
- Weight: 100 lbs
- Best Features: coated steel crampons
- Weighing 2.2 pounds, the 7x16-inch frame is built for users from 25-100 pounds
- Youth aluminum snowshoe is light and has a funky graphic design
- Features Ripcord Easy-Pull binding that works with any boot, your kids will be up and on the trail with one Easy-Pull
- Energy Flex axle system moves with users natural stride so they will feel more comfortable whether walking, jogging or running …
How To Wear Snowshoes?
Putting snowshoes on is a very simple and easy task, and you can do it easily on your own. Here’s a step-by-step guide of how to wear snowshoes:
- The first step is to see if your snowshoes are universal or you have a left foot, right foot snowshoe. Most shoes come with a mark that indicates this.
- Once you have figured this out, you can wipe or shake the snowshoe to get the snow off your binding and then proceed with attaching the snowshoe to your boots.
- Next, place the ball of your foot centered in the bindings, so you won’t have your foot too far backward or forward.
- Then strap in your heels, toes, and finally tighten the strap instep. The straps should make you feel snug and in place, but they shouldn’t be too loose or too tight.
- Finally, tuck away any excess straps so that they are not in the way and then go snowshoeing.
I hope you will find the most suitable snowshoes for your pace and style. This low-impact, easy to start sport is one of the best activity to start with if you have never done any winter sports before.
However, don’t forget that your the cleats of the snowshoes can be sharp. If you decide to take them off for any reason during a trip – for example if you switch to cross-country skis – then make sure that you have your snowshoes properly secured to your backpack.