|1. Whitewoods 75mm 3Pin Cross Country Ski Package||2. Whitewoods Adult NNN Cross Country Ski Package||3. Whitewoods New Adult NNN Cross Country Package|
Gone are the winter days when skiing was considered a sport only for dauntless and experienced mountaineers. This classic sport is now popular among adventurists and families on holidays alike. With the development of accommodating and comfortable ski resorts and easy to use equipment, the sport has gained rapid popularity among people of all classes and ages. If you, too, are looking forward to taking a nice holiday sliding down the snowy mountains, you might find yourself encountering the decision to search and shop around for a reliable new ski set and clothing. With the wide range of sets and accessories available in the market, it gets a little difficult to select from so many choices. However, to ease out your experience, we have reviewed some of the best available sets and items on sale that combine durability, strength, and performance at reasonable rates to make your experience worthwhile.
Best Cross Country Ski Sets
1. Whitewoods 75mm 3Pin Cross Country Ski Package
This ski is a great option and comes at a fair price for those who are not regular skiers but do enjoy a good cross country trip when they step into the skis. The ski can support an adult person with ease weighing about 151-180lbs. The ski base is waxless and textured so that it can grip snow for gliding forward without sliding backward. The country ski is wide i.e., 197 cm long, providing enough space to support the person’s feet and provide balance.
The package includes 75mm, 3 pin touring bindings that are pre-mounted on the skis. The bindings are easy to step into and open, providing easy and optimal performance on upward inclines, especially for beginners who are still perfecting their maneuvering.
The ski poles are made for adult use with a 15mm tapered shaft for enhanced strength with multidirectional fiberglass wrap, making it lightweight without compromising on the build’s strength. The boots are made to keep your feet warm made with a breathable waterproof material.
- Skis are constructed with a laminated wood core with a waxless base and 64-55-59 side-cut.
- The skis are strong enough to support the weight between 151 and 180 lbs., which is suitable for adult use.
- The boots have a 75 mm high sole and 3 pin bindings with 100g of Thinsulate lining and quick dry linings to keep feet warm and dry.
- The poles have additional strength due to the 15mm tapered shaft.
- The pole also has adjustable straps and ski baskets.
- All the gear is lightweight yet strong, making it easy to carry around without compromising on durability.
- The ski is not suitable for backcountry skiing.
- The boots might slip out despite the 3 pin hold and the steel clamp on the front.
- Even though it works fine on groomed snow, it might not be the top choice for ungroomed snow.
2. Whitewoods Adult NNN Cross Country Ski Package
The content of this ski set can support heavier skiers as it is designed to support a weight of 180lbs. and heavier. The skis are 207 cm long and provide balanced maneuverability and enhanced grip for your feet. They are constructed with laminated core wood that has a waxless base and NNN touring bindings. NNN bindings are highly advantageous for beginners in terms of safety. They contain a safety release so that if the skier falls, they don’t get entangled with the skis. Moreover, these bindings provide greater flexibility.
The Cross trail Nordic poles are strengthened by the presence of a 15mm tapered shaft made with fiberglass wrapping. The poles are lightweight yet are able to support adult weight, providing increased agility and easy mobility. Adjustable padded straps can be adjusted according to the size of the skier’s hand for a strong grip.
Like the other Whitewood ski kits, this one also includes skiing boots that are lined with insulating and waterproof material to keep your feet warm in the thick snow. They are designed to give maximum comfort and protection so that you don’t tire out during your adventure. They are equipped with an NNN sole and a toe protector combined with the support of a metal lace guide for ergonomic lace pressure.
- NNN skis are constructed with a durable laminated wood core with a 64-55-59 side-cut and an ABS tail.
- The poles are designed to weigh less but support more weight with increased agility.
- The skis can support well-built and bulky adults of up to 180 lbs. and heavier.
- Boots are included in the kit with toe protection, thermal insulation, and waterproofing.
- NNN tour basic bindings are perfect for novice skiers as they provide improved safety mechanism.
- The ski set is built for adults with greater body mass and might prove difficult to be difficult to handle for lightweight skiers.
- The skis are not made for backcountry skiing.
- Wooden skis are more fragile in general.
3. Whitewoods New Adult NNN Cross Country Package
The laminated wood core skis are suitable for all types of skiers, be it amateurs, recreational skiers, or professionals, but especially for amateurs as they fall in the budget and are a great choice of material for starting. The laminated wood core provides enough strength to support the skier’s weight without giving under it, yet they are not too heavy to make it difficult to carry around. The skis are 177 cm long, which gives balance and support enough for your feet to develop a strong grip.
Rottefellas NNN tour bindings are a reliable choice for cross country skiing, thanks to the safety they provide and the hold they have to provide agility with balance. These bindings are already mounted on the skis, saving the skiers the time and trouble of mounting them on every time.
The poles are made to maintain adult weight and give comfort without losing points on comfort. The handles have adjustable straps so that the skis are securely placed in your hand such that they act as an extension of your arm. The boots are included, the size of which can be selected from the given size chart. The boots are insulated and waterproof and latch perfectly on the ski providing a perfect fit and strong grip.
- Skis, 177cm, are long enough to be useful for amateurs, professionals, and non-frequent skiing hobbyists alike.
- Skis are made of laminated wood that would glide smoothly over groomed snow.
- The skis have NNN bindings that prevent entangling upon fall, saving the skiers from sustaining injuries.
- Poles are long enough and strong enough to sustain adult body maneuvering and come with adjustable handle straps and baskets.
- Boots are included with insulating and waterproofing linings.
- The poles are not enforced with fiberglass tapering, which might be a compromise on their strength.
- The skis are not compatible with backcountry skiing.
- The skis might cause trouble on rough terrains with non-groomed snow.
4. Rossignol Evo XC 60 Tour Cross Country Ski Package
The Rossignol Evo XC ski package aims at providing a custom-fit ski set and equipment for every buyer. The gear package offers cross country skis in varying lengths that are decided depending upon the weight and height of the skier. The waxless, wood constructed skis give great glide on both groomed and non-groomed snow. The skis are mid-length, which makes them easier to control and more responsive than larger skis.
Like the skis, the boots that come in this package are also customized. The brand offers different features for men and women in varying sizes to ensure a perfect fit and great comfort. Both the boots are warm, comfortable, and waterproof supported with Salomon Touring Fit for a strong grip that latches onto the ski and prevents your feet from sliding off.
The skis come installed with the Turnamic Control Bindings that are easy to adjust and use. The automatic step-in bindings hold the skier in place, giving stability, even at higher speed and rough terrains. They can be adjusted without using separate tools. All you have to do is slide the binding forward for more grip and backward for more glide. The poles are aluminum reinforced at the shaft for greater strength and come in different sizes to match your height.
- Customizable package with varying lengths of skis and poles available. The ski (166cm, 176cm, 186cm, and 196cm) and pole (120cm to 160cm) sizes are decided on the basis of skier’s height.
- The side cuts of 60-50-55mm allow deeper cuts at sharp curves giving control and stability.
- The boots are designed to provide maximum comfort with a lace cover with central zip, mono-material outsole, over the ankle upper, and internal heel reinforcement.
- Pre-installed, automatic Turnamic Control Bindings direct all the power to the skis to give easy maneuverability and stability, resulting in a smooth glide.
- The poles Swix ST102 Trail pole come with a universal basket and are capable of enduring heavy body weight due to aluminum reinforcement.
- The aluminum reinforced shaft in the poles adds to their weight.
- The ski set gets a little expensive, with all the equipment and accessories added to it.
- Snow and ice buildup to the underside of the boot might hinder complete engagement of the automatic binding to the boot.
5. Whitewood Wild Cat Kinder Junior Cross Country Ski Set
This Whitewood Ski set for kids comes with everything a child needs to start with their skiing adventures. The set includes skis, bindings, and poles. The skis are wood made with a waxless base that provides an excellent grip in all conditions and temperatures. The waxless base and the Kinder binding give strong control over the skis even at 0-degree, which is a temperature suitable for kids to ski in but also difficult to control as the ice might start melting.
The Kinder bindings are plastic bindings with molded heel cups and an additional 1 cm of height at the heel cup for a bigger foot size. They are easy to strap on and off the kid’s boots. To enjoy this ski, no additional ski boots are required. They can be strapped onto the child’s usual winter boots with the Kinder Bindings.
The telescoping poles are adjustable according to the height of the child and are strong yet light enough to allow the kids to direct them easily.
- Wood made waxless skis that are lightweight and glide easily to let the kids master skiing.
- Skis are 95cm in length and make maneuverability and handling easier for kids.
- The ski set saves on the cost of additional skiing boots and works fine with a child’s regular snow boots.
- The telescopic poles are adjustable according to the need of the children.
- Wax free base provides control over gliding, making it easier for the kids to learn skiing.
- The ski set is only suitable for kids aged 4 to 8 years of age.
- The Kinder Bindings are made of plastic, which might break during skiing or fall.
- The Velcro accessories on the bindings might not work if it gets wet.